The feature "Inventions" provides a form to create invention reports and document their life cycle in a company.
This process is is executed by different groups of persons with their own set of tasks.
Those roles are
- Inventors, they can create invention reports, respond to feedback and accept or decline contracts.
- Patent department, who control all processes, check the invention reports, and communicate with all partners
- Reviewer, who evaluate the inventions with different criteria
- Decision makers, who release and sign contracts.
- All processes are described by the role of a person. The tasks are displayed in different views and may not be processed directly one after the other, because there may be deadlines and interactions from others are necessary to move to the next step. All participants receive e-mails when a step is processed.